Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Bricked camera after removing batteries during firmware upgrade

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bouchbre
Follower
Follower

At 4:30am the Arlo camera in my bedroom started flashing lights wildly. Half asleep, I thought something was wrong with it, so I opened the battery compartment to cycle the power. When I closed the battery compartment, to power it back on, it was completely dead. Then I checked the Arlo app and it had a message saying that a firmware upgrade was in progress and not to remove the batteries. Argh!

Previously, when firmware updates were available, the app would warn me, and I’d be able to apply them at a time that was suitable for me. This is the first time, that I’m aware of, where a firmware update has been automatically applied at a time I didn’t choose, which is why I was caught unaware. Given the light show it puts on, having it automatically apply at 4:30am is an incredibly bad idea.

In any case, I now seem to have a bricked camera as a result the failed firmware update. I've tried all the usual suggestions. I've restarted the base station I've changed the batteries in the camera. It's completely dead.
Does any one know of any way to fully reset these devices, or reinstall bad firmware?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We can't help but official support may be able to. Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.