Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 21 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
TShaw
Initiate
Initiate

I no longer receive email alerts to let me know when my camera batteries are getting low. I contacted the support team & they have advised me that they have taken that function offline. I am not to sure about the logic behind this change but if you are relying on this your in for a rude shock.

👎👎👎

16 REPLIES 16
Hdg
Apprentice
Apprentice

say what?  They can send me marketing emails on a regular basis about buying more arlo cameras.. but they can't send low battery notifications?

DJJJeffT
Guide
Guide

BOOOOOOOO!!!!

This was a great feature/reminder vs having to check the status all the time.  

BRING THIS FEATURE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KyleF
Tutor
Tutor

This is so ignorant, why would they take this out? I just pulled up my cameras and I see where one of them is dead with a blank screen. I relied on that email notification. This is stupid!!!

MikeyLV
Star
Star
We do apologize for the inconvenience. The Email notification has been removed on the recent update. However, you may post this as a request in our Ideas board if you want that feature back.

Our developers are looking into it. The changes in the new user interface are actually in response to a number of other request posted in that page. You may post it in https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange
hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I can only speculate that there may have been some conflict with the new Q camera, which does not use batteries.  Clearly, removing a useful feature like this without a good reason is irrational, since it make the product perform worse than before.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are currently investigating an issue with the low battery e-mail notification being sent. The toggle is no longer part of the UI but the feature still remains.

JamesC

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

James, could you clarifiy what you mean by "the feature still remains"?  Are you saying that it is now active all the time, or does it retain the settings you previously programmed?  If it is active all of the time, who receives the email notice?

kmc2015
Initiate
Initiate
This is a bad surprise. I used to change my batteries whenever I got that email and wondered why I found 3 cameras with dead batteries but never got the alert. You even have an article saying you didn't take any features away in the new software. You're making everyone find out the hard way and then do a lot of digging to find out that you removed the feature. At least notify us or fix it instead of wasting our time. I'll also post a "feature request" at the link you provided.
tjs
Initiate
Initiate
Just a thought for the arlo team. Did you ever consider advising your existing customers that the battery low warning feature no longer works. With all due respect you are setting your customers & you arlo systems up to fail...
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tjs,

We are currently investigating an issue with the low battery e-mail notification being sent. The toggle is no longer part of the UI but the feature still remains.

JamesC

tjs
Initiate
Initiate

You have not answered the question. Standard generic response...

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

There has been one change I just noticed in the web app.  The battery status icons are now bigger, so it is easier to see the actual level.  While only a small change, it does indicate that someone is listening out there.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A fix was recently applied that has resolved the low battery e-mail notification issue. Please let us know if you continue experiencing issues with receiving this alert e-mail.

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've been getting them since late last Saturday.

gildrush
Apprentice
Apprentice

Do you have to have email notifications enabled for that particular camera? I've enabled only push notifications. So, then I won't get Low Battery Notifications unless I enable email correct? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Very old thread from a year ago.

Email notifications are for a video having been created. Low battery emails are a separate issue that has nothing to do with anything else. I got a low battery email yesterday although I don't want any notifications.