Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station is offline after unplugging

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
J1mbo77
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Guys

• My mrs unplugged the arlo base unit (VMB4000) for a few minutes yesterday and it hasn't worked since. I've removed all the cameras and the base unit from the app as per the arlo website troubleshooting guide. It then says to hard reset the base unit but when I go to do this all the green LEDS stay illuminated and it won't reset. When I try and 'Add New Device' via the app it won't find any devices.

Please help as its driving me insane! 🙏

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To reset means to hold the tiny hidden button near the power plug until the LEDs flash amber. Let it reboot to green power and Internet LEDs - Camera may be off or solid amber. AT that point you can use the app to claim the base. If the LEDs don't match the above, you'll need to troubleshoot more.

J1mbo77
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I've done that but it won't even reset with the hidden button. I've held it in several times for 10 secs or more but it never resets to the Amber LEDS. They stay green. 

I'm at a loss! 🤦🏻‍♂️

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Sounds like the base has a faulty reset button.

If the base was just unplugged it should have worked after replug. Look for damages to the cables.

Also check the router connections, power cycle everything, router modem first, wait 10mins to settle then repeat for the base.

The 10min reasoning is to allow the router modem to reconnect to the isp and then for the base to reconnect to the cameras.