Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station keeps going offline. Internet light is not on? Will H7 and H11 camera work with base?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Kimcdickinson
Aspirant
Aspirant

My arlo base station keeps going offline. My internet router is up and working and I did reboot both the router and the netgear arlo. The internet light is not on. My question is, will my H7 and H11 cameras work with a new base? This is an older system that was with the house when we bought it. I’m not sure if it’s the first arlo or if it’s arlo pro. I’m wondering if the base station needs to be replaced.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kimcdickinson wrote:
. My question is, will my H7 and H11 cameras work with a new base? 

Yes.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/What-is-the-difference-between-each-Arlo-SmartHub-and-base-station

@Kimcdickinson wrote:
 I’m not sure if it’s the first arlo or if it’s arlo pro. 

The first arlo uses 4 CR123 batteries that you need to keep replacing.  The Arlo Pro has a single rechargable square battery.

Kimcdickinson
Aspirant
Aspirant
My cameras must be original because they use 4 batteries. Is it hard to connect a new base station?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kimcdickinson wrote:
My cameras must be original because they use 4 batteries. Is it hard to connect a new base station?

Not very.  You add the base (from either the web interface or the app).  Then you remove the old base from the account, and add back the cameras to the new base.  Your library won't be lost, but you will need to re-apply any settings (modes, motion sensitivity, etc).