Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Amop33
Aspirant
Aspirant

You can remove unused devices under Settings > Data Privacy > Account > Available Geofence Devices

I was finally able to remove the years worth of devices and iPhone upgrades. I removed them all! Now, how can you add a single device back in to the list of Available Geofence Devices?

14 REPLIES 14
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Follow these steps:

1. Tap Mode in the navigation menu.
  2. Tap your Arlo device, and tap the pencil next to Geofencing.
  3. Tap Enabled Devices.
    The Enabled Device screen displays a list of geofencing enabled mobile devices.
  4. Tap the mobile devices that you want to enable for geofencing.
  5. A check mark appears next to the device name when geofencing is enabled.
  6. Tap Done. (Optional) To disable geofencing, tap the mobile device again.
  7. The check mark disappears when geofencing disabled.
jp2886
Tutor
Tutor

Sorry I'm also suffering from this issue where I am unable to add any of my devices to be used for geofencing, and I don't see the options you listed from the Arlo Secure App. 

I believe there is no longer Geofencing options on Devices, rather Geofencing is part of Automations. 

Current Configuration:

iOS Arlo Secure App v 4.11 (7231)
iPhone 14 Pro , iOS v17.2
- Removed all devices from Trusted Devices. 
- Logged out all active Arlo Sessions
- Restarted devices

Now there is no way to trigger registration of new devices. Is there an updated step for remedying this on the current Arlo Secure v 4.11 (7231) for iOS 17.2?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Did  you try these steps to see if you are able to add the device?

1. Tap Mode in the navigation menu.
  2. Tap your Arlo device, and tap the pencil next to Geofencing.
  3. Tap Enabled Devices.
    The Enabled Device screen displays a list of geofencing enabled mobile devices.
  4. Tap the mobile devices that you want to enable for geofencing.
  5. A check mark appears next to the device name when geofencing is enabled.
  6. Tap Done. (Optional) To disable geofencing, tap the mobile device again.
  7. The check mark disappears when geofencing disabled.
jp2886
Tutor
Tutor

@BrookeN As mentioned iOS Arlo Secure v 4.11 (7231) no longer supports those support instructions as Geofencing has been moved to Routines/ Automations instead of Mode/Device.

please advise on new steps with app that had a feed / routines feature set. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

In the new user interface it is now automations. Here is the article on how to set it up. If you have any questions, let me know. 

https://kb.arlo.com/000062822/What-are-Arrive-Leave-Automations-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-for-my-Arlo-s...

jp2886
Tutor
Tutor

Hi @BrookeN , 

Thank you for the documentation I've gone through the setup as outlined in the article you linked , however the original issue remains in that when adding a Arrive/Leave automation.

how can you add a single device back in to the list of Available Geofence Devices? - @Amop33 

https://kb.arlo.com/000062822/What-are-Arrive-Leave-Automations-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-for-my-Arlo-s...

When attempting to add the Arrive Automation. 

1. Open the Routines View
  2. Switch to Automations Tab
  3. Click the + icon to add a new automation
  4. Select Arrive / Leave
  5. Under "Select Arrive Or Leave" , identify a Device (Person) as a geofenced trigger
  6. HERE IS WHERE THE BUG IS
      1. The View shows "Anyone Arrives"
        IMG_AFF736B7CC86-1.jpeg

2. Clicking "Anyone Arrives", it then Shows "No Devices" with NO way to add a new device anywhere. 
    IMG_4398.PNG

Before you link the "Why isn't the Geofencing mode working?  or Why isn't my Arrive/Leave Automation working?  guides, I've already gone through both ensured all settings are appropriate for my device, and still continue to experience the issue.

Do you know if there is a guide, bug, or resolution to adding a new device / current device to the No Devices view?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. From the library it will say delete app if it says remove app it is the wrong spot. Once it is deleted add it back on from the App Store and see if that shows your devices.

jp2886
Tutor
Tutor

I have now tried to delete (completely not just from the home screen) the Arlo Secure app, reboot, wait, log out of all other devices, re-install and try again

...and still the issue remains

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact support. Within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the issue. Support is open 7 days a week from 6 am ~ 6pm PT.

Nabbie
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the exact same question and like you, been searching for a while. Did you ever get an answer? 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact support. Within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the issue. Support is open 7 days a week from 6 am ~ 6pm PT.

jp2886
Tutor
Tutor

after calling support, I did yet to receive any suitable answers that solved the issue. Am waiting on them opening a support request so I can link this thread.   Support Request: 43835848 remains open.

Things that I have done:

1. Delete App from iPhone
  2. Go onto My Arlo Web Portal
  3. In Settings, Account, 2 Step Verification: Delete all Trusted Devices
  4. In Settings, Privacy Center, Account, Available Geofence Devices: Delete All Geofencing Devices
  5. Re-Install Arlo Secure App on iOS Device on iPhone & iPad
  6. In Settings, Account, 2 Step Verification: Trust this Device
  7. Verify on 'My Arlo Web Portal' that iPhone is is under Trusted Device
  8. Still see "No Devices." from the Routines / Automation / When Anyone Arrives List.
Retired_Member
Not applicable

You are not listening. The steps you describe pertain to the old app yet you have repeated yourself. Listen to the customer. It is clear what this person needs and I also have the same problem. We need instructions for the NEW app. 

Retired_Member
Not applicable
I know from my own trial and error, the only way you will resolve this is by deleting your Arlo account and starting again with a new account. The phones will then appear as they should. I did this and the phones became available for GF again. However, I was unable to resolve the issue of duplicate phones appearing in the GF list. When the duplicate phone appears it breaks GF. I currently have a support request ongoing for this but getting nowhere.