Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo disconnects and motion is not detected

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Dthober
Initiate
Initiate

I have 3 cameras two will not connect to the base station - lost connection , the 3rd one loses connection now and then. This just started happening last month since I use this as my security and  I am not at the location I can not just easily re-sync them Version 2.5.3.899_21733. Motion detection is not picked up always either - Something had to have changed on Arlo side since this just started happening. My internet is up and has a strong signal so it cant be blamed on the Internet.  I have a friend I recommended Arlo to and she started having the same issue about the same time ... anybody else having this this issue or have recommendations? 

4 REPLIES 4
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Several people have had this issue. It has to be something to do with the firmware updates lately. Arlo said they were looking into it. Its strange that for some all the issues were fixed after the firmware update and others still have issues
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dthober,

It sounds like the cameras are struggling to maintain their connection with the base station, this could be due to range or interference. How far from the base station are the cameras? What does the signal strength icon show when they are online?

JamesC

Dthober
Initiate
Initiate

Internet has not changed , camera location has not changed  - been working for 2 years.  The one camera that does not lose connections the most is the closest to the base station  and has the stronger connection strength - the one that is the further away  and shows a lower strength signal works the best.  I think it has to do with the upgrade timing is to concidental, started end of May. 

ohiocamguy
Star
Star

I had very similar problems to yours.  I had three cameras that wouldn't communicate at all - the problem started with the firmware update at the end of May.   As of today though the cameras are working again.  One or more of the following fixed the problem for me.

- upgrade the base station to the firmware released last week

- upgrade the cameras to the firmware released last week

- fully charge the batteries in the cameras

- delete the cameras from the My Arlo web site

- delete the base station from the My Arlo web site

- perform a factory reset on the base station

- re-add the base station to My Arlo

- re-sync each camera

- re-create the Mode rules for detection and alerting

Hope this helps you!