Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra repair after warranty period

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mageriusz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have an Arlo Ultra 2 camera system that I bought 3 years ago. One of the cameras stopped working. I don't have live image and recording (linked to the base station and motion detection works) and when I try to start the live view it keeps connecting. I tried everything to solve the issue (factory reset, repairing, take out the battery, change settings, etc) but I couldn't.

I contacted the customer support and I got their first answer 2 weeks later. They said it seems having a HW issue and they can't replace it as I'm in Croatia. I said I can provide an address either in Gernany or UK. The answer was I should buy a new one and they can't help as it is out of warranty. I replied that it was nonsense as a new one cost at least €200 and they should provide a product support after warranty. I didn't receive answer anymore. 

Can anyone help me advicing how can I have my camera fixed or referring to the regulation regarding the service. Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

I'm afraid you won't be able to have it fixed, unless you take it to an independent repair shop, and if so, they might struggle because of the cost and availability of parts.

The only way with Arlo when a product is faulty is to buy a new product (at a premium, of course; that's their business model, even though the whole of Europe is moving to a more sustainable model, where products should be fixable and repairable). 

There are two other options to consider:

- reset the product, and take the battery out for 24 hours and then add it again 

- contact your seller to argue that the product should be defect free for 6-7 years (I can't remember what the law is in the EU; in the UK, you'd need to look at the Sale of Good Acts with Amendments) - it's a long and complex path to take and you won't be guaranteed to be successful

Where did you buy your cameras? 

Mageriusz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks a lot for the quick reply! bought it in MediaMarkt (Germany). I don't think the complain should go to the Retail Seller after the 2 years warranty period. They can handle the issue to the manufacturer within this time frame. After that, Arlo should provide me a partner or list of service points where I can take the camera to be fixed as every trustworthy company does.

This service is outragegous. Should I really throw away a camera because the quality is not good enough to operate over 3 years and the manufacturer is not willing to provide product support? Should I really buy a new camera every 3 years? Even the Customer Support is terrible - I waited more than 2 weeks for getting a useless answer.