Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Secure Subscription Costs

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rujiroj
Tutor
Tutor

I would like to know why Arlo continues to make outrageous increases in its subscription pricing for Arlo Secure. I joined at CAD$3.99 in 2022. This increased to $6.99/month in January 2023. Now, only one year later, this cost is increasing to $9.99/month in March 2024.  This is ridiculous. $3.00 per year! Not the least of which is because I find Arlo to be an incredibly inferior product. The lag on my wired doorbell is so bad it renders the product virtually useless. I have 1.5Gb speeds at home, but the doorbell takes 10 seconds to even connect.  This is a crazy fee for a very poor product. I fully intend to cancel. This is the last straw. 

2 REPLIES 2
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Providing you with security and peace of mind has never been more important to us. However, there has been an increase in costs in our industry over the last several years. Which means we need to change the pricing we set for our services. This enables us to continue investing in innovative solutions that offer you best-in-class security that is customizable to your needs.

We have no current plans to increase prices further unless market conditions change.
We continually strive to keep our services competitive, maintaining the highest levels of quality, cybersecurity, and privacy. Market conditions will dictate any future price changes, however, we are fully committed to finding ways to bring costs down, without compromising quality.

For the latest information about Arlo subscription plans and pricing, take a look here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/arlosecure.html

Rujiroj
Tutor
Tutor

Every company says this when raising prices or committing shrinkflation or skimpflation: "increased industry costs". I think this is untrue. Companies citing this continue to make record profits. We are no longer in a COVID pandemic. There is no rationale for "increased costs". It's just lies to charge consumers more.

Also your product is horrible. Yesterday I had a crazy woman on my street drop a large box and two bags of junk on my driveway (perfectly in the recording zone of my doorbell camera) but NOTHING was captured. I *hate* my Arlo doorbell. Total waste of money. And your customer service is horrible. "Just reboot it". Argh.