Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Netgear VMS3530 wireless system registration issues

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
arb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just purchased a Netgear VMB3000 Wireless REFURBISHED system.  It lets me create an account but I can't register the product.  Power is Green and Wifi is Green on the base unit.  It sees the base unit serial number.  Once I got a message that says it's already registered but all other times it says "Arlo is currently unavailable".  I did get a camera to sync but can't view it until I get registered.

Well it's been 3 days now and still have this problem.  Contacted support.com all 3 days and still no reply.  Any suggestions?

I'm real close to packing it up and shipping it back!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
arb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Issue has been resolved.  I recommend that deactivating the unit be part of the refurbishment prior to selling to another customer.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I dong know if this really works but try holding the reset button for at least a minute. Did that help?
arb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried resetting it twice yesterday and it didn't help.  When I went into Netgear to register, it says my serial number has already been registered by a representitve.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you tried resetting twice yesterday, was it just until the LEDs flashed amber or did you hold it down for a minute as I suggested?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

arb,

I have reviewed your case and it appears that support helped resolve the issue. Can you confirm that this issue has been resolved?

JamesC

arb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Issue has been resolved.  I recommend that deactivating the unit be part of the refurbishment prior to selling to another customer.