Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo App 4.0

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
KevinTrish
Follower
Follower

I am trying to give access to the cameras at his Florida house that I installed.  I am in Georgia.  It looks like I cannot give him access because he has the Arlo App 4.0 version and I do not.  He actually gets notifications, but he can't see any of the videos.  Is there a fix?  Do I need to wait until we both have 4.0.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

You need to both have the same User interface for friends sharing to work. Unfortunately once changed you can’t revert back. Both UI are currently supplied in the arlo app so you will need to force the change to the new UI by fake installing the arlo pro5 Camera.

I would not recommend upgrading until you have read the numerous threads here and elsewhere about the poor user interface feedback.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KevinTrish wrote:

Is there a fix?  Do I need to wait until we both have 4.0.

You can migrate to "Feed" now if you want to.

The process is to go into "add device" and start to add a Pro 5s camera.  You don't need to actually have the camera, as you are essentially just pretending to add it.  While you obviously can't complete the process, you will be migrated to "Feed".

As @DannyBearAgain says, it is quite different, and there remain limitations and issues.  The biggest limitation is the lack of custom modes.