Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

AAD1001 - Voice Call Not Working

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
rob_fed
Tutor
Tutor

Unit:  Arlo Audio Doorbell - FW:  1.2.0.0_320_401  HW:  1.4

Android App version:  4.10.2_28611  Released 11/08/2023

For the last couple of months, the audio voice has stopped working correctly.

Conditions:

a.  Press the Arlo Audio Doorbell

b.  Android phone is notified and the Arlo call is answered

c.  When speaking to the Arlo Audio Doorbell microphone, voice can be heard on the Android phone.

d.  When speaking to the Android phone microphone, crackle and popping noises are only heard on the Arlo Audio Doorbell side. 

e.  Even automated answer messages produce the same crackling and pop noises on the Arlo Audio Doorbell.

What I've tried:

*  Android phone - Uninstall and reinstall the Arlo app from the Google Play Store

*  Removed Arlo Audio Doorbell from Arlo hub and re-added Arlo Audio Doorbell

*  Rebooted main home internet router and Arlo hub

*  Added a different Arlo Audio Doorbell device and the same results were duplicated.

*  Reviewed other Arlo device posts that have related sound issues and to see if there was a fix.  To the best of my ability, a fix was not found other than what has been done.

Thanks - Robert

Best answers
  • BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

• TechEzPCRepair
    Aspirant
    Aspirant

I am using an iPhone and I get the same results. It started happening on 11/25/2023. I ordered another doorbell form Amazon and installed it nad i have the same issue. It is possibly a bad batch of doorbells or a bug in the latest software.

26 REPLIES 26
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you please provide what firmware you are on?

rob_fed
Tutor
Tutor

FW:  1.2.0.0_320_401