Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

1. Night vision 2. Geofencing

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Wkusigep460
Aspirant
Aspirant
1. For my front porch, there is an unavoidable small light that I believe is causing my night vision to not work properly. Is there a workaround for this?

2. I have my geofencing turned on, yet every now and then, I have to open the app for it to kick in. What gives?
5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

1) If you think the light is effecting the camera ,try and turn it off for a night to test....

Other than change the angle of the camera, maybe not

2) the app and gps must be running in the background for it to function properly...is the phone shutting them off now and then ( I know my S7 puts backgrd apps to sleep after a while )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Wkusigep460
Aspirant
Aspirant
I think the light is my doorbell light, which I don't want to turn off. And I'd like to keep the camera pointed at the door. There needs to be a setting where you can choose to use Night Vision after a certain time.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
That's what custom modes are for. Read the FAQs on this. Use the Mode tab and select your base. Check out the Armed mode and create your own custom modes. Then schedule them at appropriate times.
Wkusigep460
Aspirant
Aspirant
I know what you're talking about, but that's not the same thing I'm talking about. Having the camera be active during a certain time and having Night Vision enabled at a certain time are different.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Yer right. Night vision is in Settings, not in the modes. Sorry.