Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

my.arlo.com webapp: Can't expand size of videos in feed

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
ISmellAWumpus
Aspirant
Aspirant

When viewing stored videos in my feed, or the live view, from my iPhone or iPad, I can tap the diagonal arrows to expand to full screen.

When I'm doing the same via the my.arlo.com webapp, I can only expand the size of the live video. The feed videos have no "expando arrows".

Why don't the feed videos in the webapp have "expando arrows" like the live view does?

My env:

Windows 10 Pro 64bit, version 22H2, build 19045.2604, FEP 120.2212.4190.0

Firefox 64bit, v110.0

22 REPLIES 22
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback. I have requested for more info regarding this report. I will update the thread as soon as I have more info to share. 

SurferRI
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has there been any update to this issue? As mentioned the web app does not allow for full screen viewing of videos in feed, only live viewing. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI,

Can you navigate to your browser's Settings > System and toggle off "use hardware acceleration when available" and test again.

Thanks 

ISmellAWumpus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok.

I unchecked "[ ] Use hardware acceleration when available" in Firefox and restarted my browser. The behavior persists.

I have also tried using up-to-date MSEdge. It too exhibits the behavior.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update, I have notified the team and I will update the thread as soon as I can. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

ISmellAWumpus
Aspirant
Aspirant

As of 27 APR 2023 @ 3:09P CDT, yes. Still no option to expand "feed" recordings any more than their original display size.

BrianHB
Tutor
Tutor

Following. I've had the same issue in mulitple browsers. Works fine on my phone, IOS 16.5

Leemgh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issue as well as not able to see the video playback elapsed time at the bottom of the video. Cannot backup or move forward or even tell where an event is in the playback of the video time length.  

Have cleared cash, cookies, and history. The problem is still there.  As other have mentioned in this feed, the mobile app works fine, not the desktop web version.  

Shumdit
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm experiencing the screen not expanding on my Galaxy S20 even after doing the work arounds. Only difference is once I log out and back in it works for a short time then it stops letting me expand the screen again.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Shumdit Have you tried rotating your device after pressing play?

Shumdit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, and it won't go to full screen that way either. It does it randomly and the only way to get it to start working is logging off and on again each time.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Shumdit Which version of the Arlo app do you have? Can you try removing and re-installing the app.

Shumdit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Version 4.6.1_28552 will removing and reinstalling require me to rebuild and resync the cameras?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Shumdit The latest version is 4.7. You should see the update within the Play store. 

Removing And re-installing the app will not remove your devices. 

Thanks

Shumdit
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't find the update on the play store or anywhere. Do you have a link by chance? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Shumdit This update is in a slow release phase and 35% of users will have access at the moment. I will be sure to let you know when the release is 100%

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Shumdit The update should be available now, you can update ad test again. 

Shumdit
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't find the update in the app store and my devices don't recognize an update is available. Can you send me a link with the update?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Shumdit Which version is displayed in your Arlo app? To locate this please navigate to the profile icon in the top left > About at the bottom > (Version)

Can you check the google play store by navigating to your profile circle in the top right > Manage Apps & devices at the top > (Updates Available) > Check for an Arlo update. v4.7 is publicly available in the play store. 

Shumdit
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't have a profile icon in the top left and can't find "Golly Store". As previously mentioned me version is 4.6. I can't find 4.7 in the App Store.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Shumdit Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation