Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

doorbell not connected

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
urcakelady4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still experiencing no connected hardwire /mechanical doorbell even after october firmware chg.  Not able to chg function of traditional doorbell to mechanical.  

10 REPLIES 10
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

urcakelady4
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have removed my doorbell physically making sure all wires connected. Also removed from network.  Began reconnect  Now i can't even get past the qr code to launch my doorbell again.  Getting pretty fed up with this system.

urcakelady4
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have also printed out qr code in multiple sizes to get this camera to recognize still no luck. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try the various steps in this article to see if it helps: https://kb.arlo.com/000062338/My-Arlo-QR

urcakelady4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Shayne we have tried all the steps arlo recommends. We can see arlo on our network and it can be pinged to but it can not be launched on any device. The qr code is a big issue on samsung phones, even went as far as printing out diff sizes of the code to eliminate glare and any other lighting issue. Fail
Loaded the app on my samsung tablet it read the qr code then failed by timing out when trying to connect to the app.
Called mike at your third party tech support they wanted to chg me $55 to address this issue that is clearly an arlo tech problem. My hardwire for bell went off line 3qtr last yr when you guys did a firmware update many on the community had the same issue. Went thru all there suggestions no resolution. Did a factory reset to start over unit now will not connect to the app.
Technician said when arlo changes anything at the IT Address level the app does not work.. very disappointed with arlo and lack of service unless we pay for a subscription or technical help at $55 , in shock case was told it will happen again if anything on the Address gets changed.
I proceeded to uninstall and down loaded all new apps to each device to see if a newer version existed that i did not get an update for. Fail again

My unit is not even 1yr old until Feb purchased thru your store on Amazon. Window closed 1 month later now i have a worthless unworking doorbell.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We do not have any 3rd party support. This is a scam or an independent company. Arlo does not charge for support services outside of the the paid options on Arlo.com

Let me forward this to the appropriate team to investigate the issue. 

urcakelady4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Shayne called the number on your web site they ate out of NY, said arlo has no tech support other then them. 929.243.5066

urcakelady4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please work this out among yourselves i just want my video doorbell working again.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have the link to the website? that is not an Arlo customer support number, that was a scam. Please us arlo.com for your support options. I have escalated this to the appropriate team to help resolve the issue you are experiencing. 

urcakelady4
Aspirant
Aspirant

After further investigation i see that arlo is requiring home users that have a more sofisticated security to run straight Google dns no blocking of specific sights to protect families.   If not Google dns then you will not be able to access the application. We logged in and saw how arlo was trying to get out to Google dns network when we launched our doorbell.   We also saw how they were accessing an international (ireland) site as well.  What business/ privacy is going on here i have a right to know who else is looking at my data.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation