Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

doorbell has stopped chiming and my phone no longer rings

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Tomark52
Follower
Follower

My phone lets me know there is motion detected at my door but for some reason doorbell has stopped chiming and my phone no longer rings when bell is pushed can anyone advise how to fix this I've tried everything I can think of

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The usual suggestion would be to remove and reinstall the doorbell on your account.

Flyermikeskiing
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not that that is an acceptable answer!!!  My doorbell started detaching from the system several months ago and has now started doing this as well.  It’s still attached, as we get motion alerts on our phones and it pulses white on the doorbell LEDs, but will not ring through to the chime or our phones.  Arlo doesn’t support its products - no help is provided to a clear hardware/software interface issue!

Flyermikeskiing
Aspirant
Aspirant

UPDATE: using the “Remove Device” option at the bottom of the “Device Settings” page for the doorbell and then “Add New Device” at the bottom of the “Devices” page takes care of this issue (at least temporarily)🙄.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since we're doing this conversation remotely and we have no idea what your environment is like, all we can do is start someplace, regardless of how it irritates you. As you try things and provide us info, the suggestions can be more fine-tuned.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation