Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wireless Doorbell night vision issue

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mt07485
Aspirant
Aspirant

They changed the lamp post behind my back yard and now the doorbell thinks there is enough light for color recording, but the picture is too dark.

Tried resetting the unit, lowering the brightness to the lowest setting, turn on/off auto HDR and Night vision but nothing is helping.

Has there been an update on the color recording-ambient lighting conditions recently? Because I know a lot of people were complaining that the color was not kicking in even with sufficient light so maybe this change caused it?

Screenshot_2023-10-01-21-28-01-231_com.arlo.app.jpg

Arlo Doorbell Backyard_20231001_213346.jpg

 There should really be a toggle to force night vision or use combined mode or force color mode, depending on conditions.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is this a streetlight where you have no access? I'm thinking some sort of screen/block that could be attached to the light or at least in the path of the light may be needed. The ability to manually set day vs. night is very unlikely to be added.

mt07485
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think setting up blocks to the lamp should be a very last resort.

What I think should be done is the developers increase  the lux sensitivity so that color recording only kicks in when there is sufficient light and the surroundings are clearly visible.

In my situation currently, the camera is not usable.

Screenshot_2023-10-02-20-54-16-234_com.arlo.app.jpg

 This is what it should look like.

Also I went digging deeper and found that the night vision was working correct with the new lamp post (the above screenshot ).

So that means there has to have been an application update to the light sensitivity that now basically made it unusable in certain situations (like mine). 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation