Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wired video doorbell will not reset

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Mashryock
Tutor
Tutor

My doorbell has been working fine for a couple of years.  A couple of days ago and it went offline.  After messing around with it one of the wires needed to be restripped since it was kinked.  It gets steady power now but I removed it from my acount while troubleshooting.  To add it back I need to reset it, b ut it will not reset.  I pressed the reset button for a minute but never saw the quick flashing lights.  They just flash slowly like during WiFi setup. Maybe t is too cold.  It is only 10 degrees here tody but it has worked fine in the cold before.  I think I really need to factory reset it but the rset pin is not working.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If too cold, bring it  inside to warm up. Do it quickly so the small internal battery doesn't completely discharge. It may be that it has already discharged so you need to attach power for maybe 15 minutes so the doorbell will operate normally. I don't recall cold as being an issue, at least at the temp you report, so I suspect it's just the need to charge the battery first.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If too cold, bring it  inside to warm up. Do it quickly so the small internal battery doesn't completely discharge. It may be that it has already discharged so you need to attach power for maybe 15 minutes so the doorbell will operate normally. I don't recall cold as being an issue, at least at the temp you report, so I suspect it's just the need to charge the battery first.

Mashryock
Tutor
Tutor

You were right!  It was a bit wrmer today so that may have helped also.  Once it was wamer I was able to reset the device and add it back to my account.  Thanks!  

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation