Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wired doorbell is unresponsive

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
pacofunk64
Follower
Follower

Hey good morning everyone!

I have a couple Arlo camera's and decided to exchange my Ring doorbell for the Arlo to get all under 1 plan. Installed the the Arlo doorbell a couple weeks ago with no issues and it ran flawless for 2-3 weeks. Then one day last week I noticed it was disconnected. Check on the doorbell and the only light is the IR red light (it is easily visible at all times). I push the ring button and nothing happens. I've been researching and trouble shooting for the past few days and I'm just stumped! Here is what I have tried, please let me know if I'm missing something here.

1. Hit the reset button on the back of the device several times (5 seconds, 15 seconds, 30 seconds) and it does nothing.
  2. Read that it could be the transformer, found that and upgraded to a new one (installed both 16v and 24v versions). It has been connected to the new transformer for over 12 hours. I read that the internal battery could need charged.
  3. Did a reboot of my entire wireless system.

It's like the device is completely dead. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Especially if the IR LED is lit all the time, I'd suspect a faulty doorbell. Swap at the store if possible or use Settings, Support to talk to official support.

DrMSC1976
Tutor
Tutor

Exact problem here.  I have changed transformer, gone through setup multiple times.  I found that if I flip the breaker for an hour and let the internal battery in the doorbell die, I can reconnect it.  However, it goes offline in less than an hour.  So frustrating.  Before this, I had a TERRIBLE time getting several cameras connected….long process, but ended up having to change router setting to limit the number of IP addresses available.  Every time I call support, they go through the SAME stupid steps.  Not sure how these products are still sold. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation