Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wired Video Doorbell AVD1001-100NAS

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
NYDCTash
Aspirant
Aspirant

I hired a master electrician to install my doorbell. After an hour, he couldn't do it and the app said, 'You need to hire a doorbell professional.' My electrician said, if you can tell them, you have 2 wires from the transformer, 2 wires to the doorbell button, both have one red and one white. And the two white wires are spliced together at the chimer. On the chimer, the red is to the transformer and the red is to the front door. 

Aside from the doorbell, the app itself wasn't working, which also caused delay. I couldn't type in words to fill in my name, or the location.

And now, because I had covid after traveling due to a family emergency, the 30 days have passed and I am stuck with products I cannot get to work. (And, actually lost $125 paying the electrician for the failed attempt.) 

And apparently Arlo has no customer service. I tried the 'Chat' and it said, Page not found. Feeling a bit like I have been robbed by this company, ironically, as I got the devices in an effort to feel secure! So, if someone could help me get some assistance, I would be forever grateful! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@NYDCTash wrote:

I hired a master electrician to install my doorbell. After an hour, he couldn't do it and the app said, 'You need to hire a doorbell professional.' My electrician said, if you can tell them, you have 2 wires from the transformer, 2 wires to the doorbell button, both have one red and one white. And the two white wires are spliced together at the chimer. On the chimer, the red is to the transformer and the red is to the front door. 

Can you give us a picture of the chime with the case removed?  Also include the manufacturer/model info that you have.

If you know where the transformer for the existing doorbell is located, it would also be very helpful to get know the specs for that transformer.  (volts would be labeled V or VAC, power would be labeled as A or VA).

Did the electrician measure the voltage at the doorbell? 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@NYDCTash wrote:

Can you give us a picture of the chime with the case removed?  Also include the manufacturer/model info that you have.

If you know where the transformer for the existing doorbell is located, it would also be very helpful to get know the specs for that transformer.  (volts would be labeled V or VAC, power would be labeled as A or VA).

Did the electrician measure the voltage at the doorbell? 

NYDCTash
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there! 

Thank you so much for trying to help me! After many hours, I managed to get a human being at Arlo and decided to return that unit and will get a non-wired one, to make my life easier! I am so sorry to have you reply to this. I tried to get back into this forum and figure out a way to delete my question and couldn't do it! I see a button now were I can click solved, and will do that! Take care! 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation