Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video Doorbell Install - No Chime Box

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
notoriouslyKEN
Aspirant
Aspirant
I don't have an existing chine box, but at one point there was a wired doorbell in our home. The wires where the chime box was previously installed are measuring 24v. The wires where the doorbell goes are 12v. I can't find a transformer where the voltage is being stepped down. I bought the Video Doorbell + Chime, figuring I could use Arlo's Chime but I can't figure out how to install the doorbell. 12V isn't enough for it to run and I don't know where to connect the power kit since I don't have a chime. Can any one please help?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
notoriouslyKEN
Aspirant
Aspirant
Solved my own problem. The Arlo chime is not compatible with the video doorbell (for some reason), so you will need a chime to be alerted to guests at your doorbell. The Arlo chime will be returned and replaced with a standard door chime.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
notoriouslyKEN
Aspirant
Aspirant
Solved my own problem. The Arlo chime is not compatible with the video doorbell (for some reason), so you will need a chime to be alerted to guests at your doorbell. The Arlo chime will be returned and replaced with a standard door chime.
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation