Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trouble installing doorbell and Chime 2

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
royhen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently purchased an Arlo video doorbell, and Chime 2.  I was able to set up the doorbell on my phone, though it took about 15 minutes as my phone had issues finding the Arlo device.  After more than 30 minutes of trying, I've given up on setting up Arlo on my wife's phone, as it simply won't work.  I've also spent more than 30 minutes trying to get the Arlo app to scan the QR code for the Chime 2, without luck.  My phone's camera EASILY can scan the code when in camera mode, but when in the Arlo chime set-up app, it's all blurry.  I reached out to customer service, and "chatted" with Don, who was beyond useless and unhelpful.  The Arlo device has great reviews, and may actually be a great device, but if I can't even do a basic set-up, it's of zero value to me.  And this experience with customer "service", leads me to think I'd rather buy an inferior product with actual customer service.

2 REPLIES 2
royhen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'd like to delete/edit

my posting but don't know how.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@royhen wrote:

I'd like to delete/edit

my posting but don't know how.

There is only a short window where you can edit it.

What you could to is select "report inappropriate content", and just say you'd like to delete it.  Click on the three dots on the right above the post.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation