Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No recordings

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tnjr73
Follower
Follower

I Have a VMB4000r3 that will record my normal pro cameras to a USB thumb drive that I have installed for the local storage. I just added a AVO1001 wired doorbell to the system and it will not record to local storage. I get motion alerts, I can view the live feed and the doorbell sounds my chimes as it should. I have rebooted the system, reinstalled the doorbell and been through all the settings that I find on the app but it still doesn't record to local storage. I see alot of post with this issue but I have not seen a solution to the problem. I got this system just for the local storage solution to monthly subscription fees. Did Arlo put something in the software of the doorbell system that prevents recordings without a monthly subscription? 

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tnjr73 wrote:

I Have a VMB4000r3 that will record my normal pro cameras to a USB thumb drive that I have installed for the local storage. I just added a AVO1001 wired doorbell to the system and it will not record to local storage.

Local recordings do not require a subscription.

BUT, with the VMB4000 base, the ONLY way to see recordings is to eject the thumb drive and then connect it to a PC.  Recordings you see for the Pro camera in the app or in the web browser are stored in the Cloud, and are not local.  You see them because the Pro camera has 7-day free cloud recording.  None of the current cameras/doorbells have that feature, so you need a subscription to see the recordings in the app.

There is a direct access to local feature for the two smarthubs (VMB4540 and VMB5000), but it has quite a few limitations.  If you want to pursue that option, then post back.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation