Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Inconsistent calls in Google Pixel 7 and 8 (AVD1001Ar1.2)

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
RudeAyelo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I used Arlo Mobile App for a while on my Google Pixel 6 (I'm now guessing Android ~11) and everything was consistently working, after I upgraded to Pixel 7 (Android 12-13) I started noticing that I wasn't getting the call screen most of the times someone rang, I just received a push notification, after a second rang I got the call screen and it worked fine. Then after I upgraded to Google Pixel 8 (now on Android 14) I'm getting this issues:

- No call screen on first ring, after that it works fine most of the time but then

- Once I pick up the call, I hear the audio but the video never gets to load, it works perfectly fine within the Arlo Mobile App though

From the very beginning I have granted access to another device (iPhone 12) and that has been working flawlessly for my wife ever since we installed the doorbell.

Also, I have granted unrestricted battery usage permissions to the Arlo Mobile App and I deactivated the "Pause app activity in unused" setting, so I don't think that's the issue here.

Can we get my degrading performance situation fixed somehow?

17 REPLIES 17
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We are currently looking into this behavior, we will reach out with an update as soon as possible. 

dvillegas
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue on my Pixel 7 running Android 14.  This seems to either be an Android 14 compatibility issue or a Google Pixel compatibility issue.  I tried my old Samsung S8 which is running Android 9 and it works perfectly there.  Again, this issue specifically happens when the doorbell is pressed and the call comes in and is answered.  Audio works, Video does not load.  There is a spinning wheel like it is trying to load the live feed but it never displays the live feed.  If I open the app and view the live feed separate of the doorbell being activated by pressing the ring button, it displays the live feed perfectly.  Arlo, you need to fix this before I dump my entire Arlo system and go with a different doorbell and security camera system and manufacturer all together.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this same behavior? Are you on the most up to date software?

RudeAyelo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I am, the version is 4.10.5 and it seems to have been the latest version for the last two months, is there any new update I'm not aware of?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this, it should have been resolved with the newest update.

Mikeyriver
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am on a pixel 8 and have been getting a huge range of issues. Can't connect to cameras etc. work perfect on my 6.

RudeAyelo
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's still the same, I get the call, accept it, and then I immediately hear the audio incoming, but the video never gets to load. I verified I'm on version 4.11.2_28633

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this same behavior?

RudeAyelo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still happening yes

dvillegas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yup, still no video displayed when someone rings the doorbell.  So disappointing from Arlo.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you provide what software you are on? This behavior has been fixed with the Android 4.11 version. 

RudeAyelo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm running version 4.12_28637 on the latest Android v 14 (January 2024) and I'm still experiencing this behavior.

dvillegas
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm also running version 4.12_28637 on the latest Android v 14 (January 2024) and I'm still experiencing this behavior.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Quick follow up, are you now seeing this as resolved?

RudeAyelo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still unresolved as of version 4.12.5_28655

dvillegas
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, still the same.  Black screen for doorbell display when someone rings the doorbell and the call is answered.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation