Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I will be moving into a new house in three weeks. I have key questions I need help with...

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LMFox
Follower
Follower

I purchased a video doorbell from Arlo and will have it installed in a week or so.  I have locations around the house for wired (low voltage and ethernet) camera locations.  What cameras can I use for this wired application?  And, do I need a smart hub for enabling secure plus?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LMFox wrote:

And, do I need a smart hub for enabling secure plus?

It depends on why you want secure plus.

Secure Plus gives you 4K recording and 60 days of retention if you are in Europe).  Note if you are in the US, then 4K recording is included in Arlo Secure, so there is no benefit in purchasing Secure Plus.

If you are looking for 4K recording, then the only Arlo cameras that provide that are the Ultra/Ultra 2 models.  Both require a smarthub.  If you in Europe and are wanting 60 days of retention, then that will be provided with any subscribed camera - so not smarthub needed for that.

@LMFox wrote:

I have locations around the house for wired (low voltage and ethernet) camera locations.  What cameras can I use for this wired application?  

None of the current cameras use ethernet.  If your "low voltage" is USB power, then you can connect cameras to that using the appropriate USB cable (in some cases microUSB, in others the Arlo magnetic cable).  If it's something else, you'd need a way to convert it to USB.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation