Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I have a Grandfathered plan- the free 7 days of cloud. What happens when I add a doorbell camera?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
epstauffer
Follower
Follower

So I have the OG plan with Arlo and Arlo Pro cameras (up to 5?) with no monthly fee, 7 days of cloud.

I know that this does not apply to any newer model cameras, including the Arlo doorbell camera.

My question is this: When I integrate the Arlo doorbell video into my ecosystem- what happens? I'm only going to do it if I can pay the $3/mo for just the doorbell while still maintaining my free 7 day cloud for 5 cams. 

Also, will this doorbell integrate into my existing app along with my other Arlo / Arlo Pro cameras?

2 REPLIES 2
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Not so much a grandfathered account as a feature of earlier Arlo cameras. Anything newer than Pro 2 needs a paid for account after the initial trial period. And that period gets shorter every time they release a new camera.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

epstauffer,

If you do not wish to have Arlo Smart or any of it's features on your existing Arlo Pro cameras, then yes, you can add the Arlo Video Doorbell to your account and subscribe to a single camera Arlo Smart plan for just the doorbell. This would result in Arlo Smart features and 30 day cloud storage for the Arlo Video Doorbell. The 7 day cloud storage for your existing (up to 5) Arlo Pro cameras would remain unchanged.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation