Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to manage Arlo’s non-stop notifications?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ShoutingMan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve had an Arlo doorbell for about six months and I still don’t understand it. Can someone please explain how to use the Arlo Essential Doorbell?

1) Constant motion alerts. Any motion in the view of Arlo triggers motion alerts. I have Motion turned off in Feed settings. I have Activity Zones setup. Arlo ignores its own settings and gives motion settings despite being turned off and excluded by the zones.

2) Vehicle alerts. I have Vehicle turned off in Feed Settings. But I get vehicle alerts regardless.

Please help!.

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ShoutingMan wrote:

1) I have Motion turned off in Feed settings. 

2) Vehicle alerts. I have Vehicle turned off in Feed Settings. But I get vehicle alerts regardless.

You are turning them off in the wrong place.  The Feed settings are used to filter the recordings.  So if you turn off Vehicle there, all that happens is that the Feed doesn't show you any recordings tagged as vehicle.  That has nothing to do with notifications.

This article should help you navigate to the correct place:

Another thing you probably should check is the motion detection threshold you are using for the doorbell.  Reducing that will decrease the amount of notifications you are getting.  You do want to be careful not to reduce it too much, since you do want it to detect people approaching the doorbell.

Use the motion detection test (while you are moving around in front of the doorbell) to find the lowest setting that reliably detects you.  Then lower the threshold to somehing somewhat above that value (so you have some margin).

ShoutingMan
Aspirant
Aspirant

That’s for video cameras. I’m asking about doorbell camera. There’s no “Smart Notifications” feature for my Arlo Essential Doorbell in the app.

Motion sensitivity is at the lowest setting (Low 1).

Is there a way to manage notifications for the doorbell?

ShoutingMan
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Help:

IMG_2444.jpeg

Doorbell Settings

IMG_5567.jpeg

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru
  1. Are you using the Android app?  Or iPhone?
  2. Also, what doorbell model did you purchase?

I use the iPhone app, and I do see smart notifications on the screen you are showing - between "Plans" and "Packet Identification".  That is with my doorbell (which has the same smart notification settings as other Arlo cameras).

That is where you see "Video & Audio Identification" - what happens if you go into that setting page.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation