Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do I connect my Arlo wired to modular doorbell.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
grossje
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a modular doorbell with only 120v AC and wires to the doorbell switch available. How do I connect the Power kit? When I spliced it into the doorbell switch it just continuously rings the doorbell.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@grossje wrote:

I have a modular doorbell with only 120v AC and wires to the doorbell switch available. How do I connect the Power kit? 

Have you measured the power at the doorbell wires?

What model chime do you have? (both manufacturer and model please).

Do you know if there is a separate transformer on the circuit?  If so, what is the rating.

@grossje wrote:

When I spliced it into the doorbell switch it just continuously rings the doorbell.

As you found, you can't put it there.

grossje
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have not tested the input voltage, but it should be 120v. It is connected directly to house wiring.

The transformer and chime are physically connected, but I can't see the wiring between them

It is a Nicor PRCP2.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@grossje wrote:

I have not tested the input voltage, but it should be 120v. It is connected directly to house wiring.

The transformer and chime are physically connected, but I can't see the wiring between them

It is a Nicor PRCP2.

Nicor says not to install the powerkit

See the first page of the installation manual:

For all video doorbells:
1) To ensure proper operation of the PRCP2, no more than one video doorbell should be attached (Front Door or Back Door)
2) Make sure the video doorbell is fully charged prior to installation. Low battery levels may cause abnormal performance of the PRCP2.
3) Wiring must not exceed the following: 70’ from doorbell to first unit. 200’ total length if installing more than one PRCP2
4) A “power” or “diode” kit should not be installed when using the NICOR PRCP2. It is designed to provide the proper voltage for compatible video doorbells.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation