Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Hey Arlo, When Will 'Feed' Replace 'Library'?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
mpaquette70
Tutor
Tutor

Seems numerous people are having issues when inviting a friend to view their cameras/devices and the friend cannot see any devices.  Appears to be an issue where you see Library at the bottom of the app instead of Feed.

When will Feed be standard in the app so that sharing cameras/devices with a friend will actually work?

I tried adding a Pro 5S camera but stopped when I received the following error:

Doorbell Chime

* Not Currently Supported

-A firmware update is not available at this time.  Please check back later for firmware availability under Device Settings.

Another step in adding the 5S camera shows a screen saying "Please upgrade to the new app before adding the device".  What new app?  The app in the Apple App Store is not the new/latest app?

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mpaquette70,

Currently, there are two versions of the user interface associated with the Arlo Mobile app. Today, all new users automatically get the newest user interface (feed) when they create a new account or add an Arlo Pro 5 or Arlo Home Security system to an existing account. 

There are some incompatibilities that exist (like what you've mentioned above) within the new interface that the team is still working to resolve before pushing the new user interface updates to all users. While we understand this is confusing, we're hoping to deliver the best experience possible before this takes place.

JamesC

mpaquette70
Tutor
Tutor

Will we be notified when these incompatibilities are resolved and can safely migrate to the new interface?

a_obrad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi.

Any news for update ?

I can't migrate to new interface because I have a Chime 2.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Chime 2 works fine here on the new UI with Feed. If a message pops up that it's not supported, ignore it.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation