Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Green Box / Split Screen Nighttime Videos

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dcrMA
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a brand new Arlo wired video doorbell (v1.2) that is set up to automatically install the latest firmware (“no updates available” as I type).

But I am experiencing the oft reported  *green box / split screen* appearing on any nighttime video playback problem.

This problem only occurs on video playback. Not on live videos.

I have read the posts that I can find on this topic going back to 2015. It seems to be an ongoing problem with different recommended solutions, but none of them appears to be solving the problem for me.

I’m wondering if there’s a definitive solution that I just haven’t found yet? And why is it this problem seems to be recurring since 2015?

Unfortunately, Arlo tech-support has been utterly useless in my search of an answer 🙁

Typical screenshot image attached. 

5B4F13F2-520D-47DA-82E8-D1CF72A45A81.jpeg

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

What resolution is the camera set to?

Maybe try changing the resolution, and see if that changes the symptoms.

dcrMA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, @StephenB. I appreciate the suggestion. 

Yeah. I’ve tried that. All of the available options. 

I’ve left it at 1024 sq. for now. It seems that if that were an issue there would be documentation somewhere recommending a particular setting for nighttime video.  And, as I said, live video works really well.

This is just a problem with playback.   

I work in the tech industry and I’ve tried everything that I can think of. I’m just hoping to find specific instructions on how to eliminate this particular problem.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dcrMA wrote:

This is just a problem with playback.   

Often video corruption is caused by network loss, but your symptom looks too regular/reproducible for that.  I'm thinking it is more likely a hardware issue with the video pipeline.

Since the doorbell is new, I would exhange it with the seller if you still can.  Otherwise press Arlo for an RMA. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation