Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell "Leave Message" setting greyed out

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
camman21
Tutor
Tutor

I have installed the Arlo app on a new device and also moved my doorbell to a hub. Now I am unable to change the "Leave your message" setting in the Call Settings for the doorbell. The setting is greyed out and locked in the ON position. Per tech support, I did the prerequisite logout/login and uninstall/reinstall with no change in the behavior. I have also tried allowing all of the relevant permissions, again with no change in behavior. Anyone see this behavior? Any idea on how the enable this section of the settings?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting the base/hub as well as trying the web client on a computer. If the same, you may need to remove and re-onboard the doorbell.

camman21
Tutor
Tutor

I rebooted the hub and also removed and re-added the doorbell a few times. It still shows that setting as greyed out. I'm honestly confused why this message capability is so hard to turn off. I see so many complaints on this board about this feature. I can't think of any reason I would want to solicit someone to leave me a message. They are already being recorded on video just by approaching the doorbell.

chasndav
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem for me. The options for "doorbell call" and then "call settings" do not even appear in the my.arlo.com site so the app seems to be the only place to do this.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation