Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell is missing recordings

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Skisworld
Follower
Follower

On my third wired doorbell after two replacements.  They all miss events no matter how the sensitivity is set or how the activity zones are set.  Excellent hi speed Wi-Fi in house.  Arlo can’t provide a good working unit and you can’t reach a real person until they call you.  Very disappointed!

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Skisworld wrote:

On my third wired doorbell after two replacements.  They all miss events no matter how the sensitivity is set or how the activity zones are set.

Can you give a bit more information here?

• what is moving in the events that are missed?
  • how far away from the camera is the motion?

FWIW, mine will miss deliveries when the delivery person doesn't come onto the porch, but tosses the package onto it from the sidewalk.  That is because the package is too small to trigger the motion detector, and the person isn't close enough.

KG5280
Aspirant
Aspirant

Exactly the same problem! My doorbell worked for about a month then stopped recording any activity. I know that it still works because I get notified when someone rings the doorbell and I can use the app to view the camera in real time, but it is completely useless as a monitor.

I spend about an hour on the phone with support after it happened and they made me physically uninstall and then reinstall the doorbell. It then worked for about another month before it crapped out again. We shouldn't have to spend an hour to fix this problem.

Were you able to get any satisfactory resolution?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You didn't mention if you have a subscription which is required for any camera newer than the Pro 2. Check your subscription status.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation