Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Credit card information isn't being saved

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
DawnN9
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been trying to speak to someone on the phone for two months about my subscription. Every month I enter my credit card information and save it. The very next month my subscription is canceled because my payment is missing. I am beyond frustrated!!! I wish I had gone with blink or ring! At least I can get someone on the phone there!!!!

19 REPLIES 19
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DawnN9,

When you say the payment is missing, what exactly is happening? Is the transaction failing because of incorrect information? Does your bank statement show a request for the renewal charges?

You might consider purchasing the annual subscription instead of the monthly subscription, this would alleviate the need to renew monthly and may also provide savings. For more information, see here: https://kb.arlo.com/000063083/What-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-cloud-recording-options-are-available

JamesC

Kosel
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having this exact same issue. I’ve opened two cases, and no one is taking my concerns seriously. Suggesting someone change their subscription to yearly is a real cop-out.

Kosel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dawn,

I’m curious if you ever got resolution on this issue. Seems to me this isn’t an uncommon problem and it still plagues my account 

Rikkes
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue. There's surely somtehing wrong in the IT-system of Arlo. Each month I update my credit card details, each month i receive a reminder that my credit card details are missing. I suppose they are not stored on your database for some reason. This is really anoying and it is strange that Arlo seems incapable to solve it. 

AlBou7387
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem for month ... every month, need to update, ... really anoying .... solve this !

jonsjo
Guide
Guide

I'm not alone. Same story here.

But no help from from support.

They just told me to accept the new price i recieved.

Short version:

My credit card was about to expire and i got a notice to upgrade with my new credit card credentials.
I followed the instruction attached in the notice i got and added the new data. Everything looked ok and that was it.
About a week later i got a new reminder about it and thought i might have misspelled somewhere so i was very cautious when i updated my data again.
Arlos payment system once again accepted my card and said all was ok.
Fast forward and i got a mail that my account was ended.

I instantly contacted Arlo support that instructed me following that instruction won't work due to a flaw in their system.
You need to do it this and that way etc. Ok, np so far, i thought and ask them to start up my account again. That's where it started.
I have been a long time paying customer so i had an account with limitless cameras at the price of 129:-/month ($12.35) and the price of a new was 179:-/month ($17:13).
Support told me that it was IMPOSSIBLE to do anything. Only thing i could do was to start a new account with the new price.
After some mailing back an fourth they decided they could give me 40% discount for 6 month. I even got 50% after a while, but then i allready signed up for the 40%.

I ordered a different system that i'm trying out with local storing of the video feeds and no subscription. Looks promising so far, but just have had it since Friday, so it's hard to say yet.

What is sure is that i won't renew my Arlo-sub when the 6 months passed if Arlo haven't restored my original sub with the price i had before i updated my card.

AlBou7387
Aspirant
Aspirant

Always the same problem, every month same problem, no solution from Arlo ... we're only good to pay, no following ??

Kosel
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC - Are you seeing what’s going on here? There’s clearly an issue going on for which paying customers are getting zero assistance? Can you escalate this issue? Will you? This really is absurd…

jonsjo
Guide
Guide

Don't bother, Arlo doesn't care.

They think you'll stick to their solution as you allready invested a lot of money in their cameras.

I have allready bought new cameras from a competitor that let you store your videos locally and hence no subscription. Will be payed off in ~2,5 years. But knowing Arlo and their recent prices rices i expect it to go even faster. 

I'm also in the process to help my mother switch from Verisure (Owns Arlo in Sweden) to Sector Alarm and will continue to help friends and familly to get away from this company.

I would sugest everyone that encounter them to do the same. 

Pm me if you want information of good replacement systerm.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is reviewing reports of this behavior and has said this is due to the expiration date being met for the credit card being used. If the expiration date on file is met, the credit card information will need to be renewed before the payment can be processed.

JamesC

DawnN9
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply. However, that’s not true. Every month I have to log into my account to make a payment. I don’t want to buy a full year subscription because I’m not 100% happy with this product. I am, still today, having issues…the latest is the trim piece around the camera has cracked and won’t seal. Overall, this camera is a piece of crap and your customer service is the same.

Kosel
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is simply NOT the case. I reenter the same credit card info each time and the card doesn’t expire until September of 25. 

AlBou7387
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seriously ?? What kind of support do you have ?  Credit Cardexpiration is 27/09 and every month same problem ?  You don't want to solve this, right ?  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AlBou7387 wrote:

Credit Card expiration is 27/09 and every month same problem ?  

Have you tried entering the expiration date in US format (09/27)?

AlBou7387
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not possible, you must enter month and year seperatly, you can't make an error.

arlo.jpg

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AlBou7387 wrote:

Not possible, you must enter month and year seperatly, you can't make an error.

Thanks for clarifying (it's been a while since I needed to enter this info).

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is continuing to investigate reports of this issue. I will provide an update once we have more information available to share.

JamesC

Kosel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the update. I can personally testify to months of issues with this, and I’d be happy to discuss my experience in greater depth with anyone on the development team who’d be interested in greater detail 

Kosel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here is the error I get every month for a current credit card

IMG_0798.jpeg

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation