Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Constant doorbell notifications

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Charles56
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo doorbell’s firmware automatically updated, ever since the update, I receive constant false notifications / alerts from the doorbell camera.  Every 15 to 30 seconds. The only way to stop it is to keep muting alerts for 24 hours at a time.  Is there a fix for this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Charles56 wrote:

In the Motion Detection Test I have the setting at 1, the lowest level possible.

The threshold in that test is only used for testing.  

The operational setting is in the doorbell rule

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The typical issue is that an activity zone needs to be set up to exclude the street, front sidewalk (not the sidewalk leading to the door), etc. as well as reducing the motion sensitivity in your modes and rules. My setting is for 45 which works well for me but you would need to test to see what works for you.

Charles56
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don’t have a subscription, so there is no activity zone feature to adjust.  In the Motion Detection Test I have the setting at 1, the lowest level possible.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Charles56 wrote:

In the Motion Detection Test I have the setting at 1, the lowest level possible.

The threshold in that test is only used for testing.  

The operational setting is in the doorbell rule

Charles56
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, changing “motion detected” under Mode / Armed “base station” / Armed “select device” / Edit Mode / Edit Rule, has stopped the constant notifications.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation