Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
shannonp
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had an item recently stolen from my front porch in the middle of the night. The entire thing was caught on camera thanks to my Arlo... the guy didn't even notice he was being filmed. And that's where my question lies. This guy might've been deterred from stealing if the doorbell made a noise when it detected him. If the doorbell made a chime, maybe he would've looked up and seen it and gotten spooked and left. Is there an option to always have a chime play when a person is detected? This would be such a great feature to warn anyone that they're being filmed.

I sent the video to the police, but obviously I'd prefer to have avoided this in the first place.
2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@shannonp wrote:
Is there an option to always have a chime play when a person is detected? 

If you go into the rule for the doorbell, you should see "activate siren" as an option when motion is detected.  https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

But that will always activate whenever any motion is detected (not just when a person is detected), and the sound might not be what you want for normal visitors/delivery people.

shannonp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks, but that's not what I mean. I don't want a siren to go off when someone comes to my patio. Just a chime noise, like the noise the unit makes after you ring the actual doorbell. Something that indicates "hey! You're being filmed!" but doesn't sound like an alarm.

If that's not a feature, then I'd like to request this be added as one.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation