Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot setup a second device to see video (arlo esseitial wired video doorbell)

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
redbell
Aspirant
Aspirant

I installed arlo video doorbell and install the software on an ipad. It works fine.

Then I invited another email of myself because I want to setup arlo on my phone as well. I created the second account by following the invite email on a windows PC. Then download the app and login to that account on my android phone. There is no device in this account and I cannot see the doorbell video, even though on the ipad I can see my second account in the friend list.

What do I need to do to make it work?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@redbell wrote:

I installed arlo video doorbell and install the software on an ipad. It works fine.

Then I invited another email of myself because I want to setup arlo on my phone as well.

FWIW, I just use the primary account on both my phone and the PC. It will log me out of the phone when I log into the PC (and vice versa), which isn't a problem for me. Though it could be an issue if you use geofencing, as you do need to be logged into the app for that to work.

redbell
Aspirant
Aspirant

I found the answer in the forum elsewhere.

I have to click a dropdown in the top center of the app and select the other location.

This probably tripped up some other new users as well. They should make this more obvious for first time user.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're exactly right. SInce every user has a default Home, it's not so obvious that you have to select the other person's Home to see shared cameras. To help with this I suggest renaming Home to something else to help identify whose is whose.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation