Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo wired doorbell stopped calling 1 of 2 phones

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bwarren01
Aspirant
Aspirant

My wired doorbell used to call my cell before a very cold snap /lost power.  It still calls my wife's cell!

9 REPLIES 9
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

bwarren01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello.  My wife has the main account on her phone because I already had an account (parents) 4 camera's on my phone.  I have compared her settings (the doorbell will call her cell) to mine.  This all started when we had a power outage from an extremely cold weather just before Christmas.  

I re-set the camera per the instructions, re-joined to the base station per instructions.

Thanks for the feedback.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Just to make sure I'm understanding correctly, you are the granted access user and the doorbell will call your phone when pressed and your wife is the main account holder/phone and the doorbell will not call her phone?

bwarren01
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am the access granted party.  The doorbell will call my wife's cell, but not my cell.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you PM me with your wife's admin account email attached to the account? Also, can you see a "feed button" icon on your wife's phone in the Arlo app at the bottom or a "Library" button?

I do not see a doorbell attached to this email you are messaging from.

Thanks

bwarren01
Aspirant
Aspirant

email account is    j.warren@warrentechnology.com

There is a library button at the bottom, no feed button.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks,

Are you able to live stream the doorbell camera in the app? Does the primary user have the enable calls and videos checked for your granted account? 

bwarren01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes to all 3 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

If you log in with your account on the phone that does ring, do you receive a call then? I'm trying to determine if it's isolated to only your phone?

Thanks 

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation