Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo wired door bell missing recordings

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
prasanthjagal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Had the wired doorbell installed few weeks back

It was working fine for the first week with all the notification and recordings

It suddenly stopped giving live feed most of the time I tried ( say about 60-70% time)

Also some notifications does not have a recording under the feeds. Like someone was at the door few hours ago and we couldn't answer it. I got the push notification but when I go check the feed tab, there is nothing. Nothing around that time. This kind of defeats the purpose of having this device.

Had funny conversation with support via chat. Had two chat infact. Both of them left the conversation in between.

One person asked me to unistall app and then while I was reinstalling (I updated him in between so as to not lose the chat) he left the chat. What kind of support are we getting here.

Little skeptical to go for paid subscription.

Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried rebooting the doorbell? Which version of the Arlo app are you using? 

prasanthjagal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey. Thank you!

Yes I did reboot it via the app. 
App version is 4.2

i get the live feed once in a while. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this on wifi or mobile data? Does it occur on one or the other more frequently? 

prasanthjagal
Aspirant
Aspirant

This occurs on WiFi. 
And I would say I get connected (live feed) very rarely. Get alerts promptly now (though there was an incident where it missed someone who rang the bell)

if I do sped test near the bell in same network it shows 50+ mbps. 

Yamakaw
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same issues. I can’t receive a live feed. Intermittent video. Sometimes the recordings are 1 second. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That implies a connection issue between the doorbell and router or hub, depending on how it's connected. This can be due to distance, things on/in the walls between the devices blocking the signal, house construction (stucco, brick and stone are all known to cause issues), nearby wireless devices interfering with the signal, etc. Try moving your hub  away from the router (if you have a hub) or move the router a bit to see if things perk up. If on WiFi, you may want to consider a WiFi extender to have a stronger signal for the doorbell.

prasanthjagal
Aspirant
Aspirant

The distance is hardly 10-15 feet between the access point and doorbell. The bell is close to the door with glass. Also the network speed was good whenever I checked. Not sure if they are going down in between with other interferences like you mentioned. 

Either way, for the past week, it has worked good whenever I accessed. With no changes. Keeping my fingers crossed. 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation