Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
GX6ACE
Aspirant
Aspirant

The only way I get push notifications on my phone(android) is if the app is physically open. Up until last week, I didn't need the app running in active apps to give me notifications, running in the background seemed to be enough. Now it will not notify me at all, and when I open the app, it's like i just signed in for the first time, and it take 10-15 seconds to even load my cameras. I just get a blank screen with the add camera button until it loads them. I have tried reinstalling the app, logging out, rebooting my phone, and yes, notifications are enabled on my phone, they are not muted and it has all permissions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This issue has been resolved with the latest version of the Arlo app v4.5

Please make sure you have the latest version from the play store.

Thank you  

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
Monarch
Guide
Guide

I'm having the same problem and it will not give me notifications if i'm using my wifi and it started yesterday when i downloaded the recent app update. I've restarted the router, the phone, etc. Still have the problem. I'm always hestitant in downloading their app updates because there seems to be more problems with the updates than not. I wish they'd test these updates before rolling them out. Useless app & camera if you cant receive notifications.

GX6ACE
Aspirant
Aspirant

So you're reply gave me an idea, I hadn't seen that the app had updated, so I deleted thr app, rolled it back to an older version from mid April and they seem to be working again now. I've tried all cameras and they all give me notifications, both with the app open and closed. You could try that, then set the app to manual update and see if it ends up working for you too.

Monarch
Guide
Guide

Dumb question here, but how were you able to roll it back?

GX6ACE
Aspirant
Aspirant

I use apk mirror to sideload apps. But there are a few other sites you can use as well.

MattM22
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here. Android. Noticed a few days ago I stopped getting notifications. All of my settings are as they should be. The cameras will capture as the clip is in the library but zero notifications.

JanetteW
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just commenting to add that I am experiencing this same issue. I have tried changing the settings on my phone, reinstalling the app, etc, etc...for days. Hopefully Arlo sees all these messages and looks into this.

Monarch
Guide
Guide

I did what Grace did and it got Arlo working again. You have to uninstall the Arlo app. Go out to APKmirror.com & download the April 2023 version of Arlo & it will work again. The play store only has the current faulty version of the app. So if you keep downloading that version, you're still going to have the same problem no matter what you modify on your phone. I tried everything & nothing worked with the current version of the Arlo app. Once i got the last version of the app, my notications were working again & when i go into the app, the cameras populate without delay or being initially told to add a device.

JanetteW
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and sharing your results, this has been pretty frustrating. I gave it a shot, and hopefully it's all good now!

onebadgarcia
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello I have the Arlo Pro 2 and love them. I have just recently have not been getting notifications on my phone. Cameras are on and do record motion. But not receiving any notifications. App on my android is up to date. Any one please help.  

KACPCO
Guide
Guide

Arlo Pro 2 push notifications working sporadically to android, a few notifications since the upgrade but 95% or more motion events not notified.  Also camera on solar panel won't charge battery above 40% since upgrade.  Before May 25th app upgrade it typically charged to 100% on most days (sunny Colorado).  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of the Android app was this occurring with? 

Monarch
Guide
Guide

Version 4.4.1 available currently.

Monarch
Guide
Guide

You're welcome!

Trusti
Guide
Guide
Here also no more notifications for me and my wife.
Android versions: 4.4.1_28536

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the update, I will have the team investigate this and report back as soon as possible. 

RandyRy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same for me, came here hoping to find a Arlo status problem

Trusti
Guide
Guide

In the Google Playstore (German) there are also various reports that
the push notification no longer works since the last update.

VAMO
Initiate
Initiate

Hello. I stopped receiving push notifications on my Samsung phone after the latest Google Store update 23/05/23. The cameras are working fine and they are saving videos in the library, but I am not receiving notifications on my phone when there is a movement registered. I have reinstalled the app, removed and connected cameras again and restarted them couple of times. I have also allowed my phone to send me notifications from Arlo app, so I guess I have done everything correct, but still the same problem. Anyone experiencing the same issue? Thanks

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi, 

I was informed the issue was identified and a fix will be released soon. I will provide more updates as soon as I can.

Thanks 

Monarch
Guide
Guide

I was having the same problem with my Pro 2 and Pro 4 camaras. As i mentioned in my earlier post, once i deleted the recent update and went back to the April update, both sets of cameras worked liked they had prior to installing the recent Arlo update.

RandyRy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Notifications started working by the evening, so must have been a transient issue

itsgreg
Guide
Guide

Same issue here. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not having the problem here on Android but there are multiple reports of this. Use Settings, Support (Center) to select your camera so you can open a case with support. You need a subscription for this.

In the meantime, enable email notifications.

Trusti
Guide
Guide
Now there is an older app in the Google Play Store:
Updates in Arlo Secure 4.3.5 include:
- General stability and performance improvements version.

However, I don't want to uninstall the newer one and then maybe have to set everything up again.
Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation