Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Wired Video Doorbell grant access issue

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jay_33
Follower
Follower

hello,

I'm having challenges adding another user/family member to my Arlo account.  The user accepted my invitation and created an account and downloaded the Arlo Secure app, but there are no shared devices for the new user to select.  After logging on the the app, there isn't any instructions or direction for the user to be added to my account.  Please advise on anything we are doing wrong to add the new user.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

2 things:

1) If your account shows Library to view videos, you must migrate to the new user interface (UI) that your guest account already shows. To do this, add a Pro 5 or security system to your account even though you have neither. The first step is to migrate your account after which you can just back out of the bogus install. If you do this, take the time to go through the whole UI to understand where things are and how they operate since it's very different. And you can't go back.

2) Once both accounts are using the same UI. the guest needs to click on Home near the top and choose the bootom one. Each user gets their own default Home location so they have to choose yours. I suggest renaming Home so it's obvious which one to choose.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation