Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Wired Video Doorbell (Model AVD1001)

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MB43
Follower
Follower

I just installed the Arlo Wired Video Doorbell. The viewing angle of the camera captures the front yard, driveway and street however, the motion detection does not activate until a subject is about 10 feet from the door.  Motion detection sensitivity is set high (100).  Activity Zone settings are not working. Is this the normal expected range? Is there a way to expand the motion detection range and capture on video activity further out within the viewing range of the doorbell camera?

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MB43 wrote:

I just installed the Arlo Wired Video Doorbell. The viewing angle of the camera captures the front yard, driveway and street however, the motion detection does not activate until a subject is about 10 feet from the door.  Motion detection sensitivity is set high (100).  Activity Zone settings are not working. Is this the normal expected range? Is there a way to expand the motion detection range and capture on video activity further out within the viewing range of the doorbell camera?

My activity zones aren't working either, but I am getting lots of motion detection from vehicles that are quite a bit further away than 10 feet.  I haven't figured out the max distance yet for a person walking to the door.  It appears to have lookback, which makes that a bit hard to test.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The maximum detection distance is around 10-15 feet from the doorbell. While motion may be detected beyond that, it will be inconsistent.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation