Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Lutherite
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi! 
We are trying to connect our Arlo Video Doorbell to our base system and use our Amazon Alexa Dots for notifications. I make it through set-up UNTIL the QR code scanning. Can you please help me? Everything is on the same WiFi and utilizing the BaseStation. 

9 REPLIES 9
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Lutherite 

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

Lutherite
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. Can you please help me?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have a mesh network?

Can you make sure your phone is connected to a 2.4Ghz network with no special characters or spaces in the network SSID and password

Lutherite
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don’t know what a mesh network is. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

"A mesh network is a group of connectivity devices, such as Wi-Fi routers that act as a single network, so there are multiple sources of connectivity around your house instead of just a single router. Google calls the first mesh device you set up a router, and each additional mesh device a point."

Lutherite
Aspirant
Aspirant

We do not have a mesh network. The router for the home is almost directly below the Arlo doorbell.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try resetting your doorbell via these steps and make sure you are connected to your 2.4 GHz band on your phone. Please make sure you have the latest version of the Arlo app as well. iOS 4.4 or Android 4.3.5

Do you have any special characters or spaces  in your wifi name or password?

Lutherite
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. I changed the WiFi name to get rid of the special character and spaces. It’s still not working. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation