Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Video Doorbell No Power

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
DazJones21
Tutor
Tutor

The wired doorbell stopped working completely. I have two other cameras that are still connected to the Base station. I reset the Base station, there is zero power to the doorbell. I checked the transformer box as well as the doorbell itself, and it is getting the correct amount of power. I tried the factory reset with a pin, and nothing changes.

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DazJones21 wrote:

there is zero power to the doorbell. I checked the transformer box as well as the doorbell itself, and it is getting the correct amount of power. 

Sounds like a wiring problem if the transformer is outputing the correct voltage and you see no voltage at all at the doorbell.  It's easy to double-check if you have a chime - just touch the wires together at the doorbell, and see if it rings.

Have you tried measuring the power at the chime (assuming you have one)?

Maybe also try disconnecting the power kit, and see if that changes anything.

DazJones21
Tutor
Tutor

I should have been more clear. I do have powered (measured w/multi-meter) to the doorbell, it is completely dead. Arlo support says hardware error, doorbell failed. Less than 3 years old and no more warranty. Just awful.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've opened a support ticket detailing the concerns you've posted here. An agent will reach out to you with a status update as soon as possible.

lakinui
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue.  There is power going to the Arlo Essential Video Doorbell but it quit working during cold weather.  It is 3 years old.  It will not reset; completely dead and out of warranty.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@lakinui wrote:

I have the same issue.  There is power going to the Arlo Essential Video Doorbell but it quit working during cold weather.  It is 3 years old.  It will not reset; completely dead and out of warranty.

One thing that might help is removing the power for a while (at least 15 minutes), and then try again.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Be aware that there's a small battery in the wired doorbell that may discharge to the point of not allowing the doorbell to work. After reapplying power, give it several minutes to charge a bit so the doorbell will (hopefully) work.

MLGK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wired arlo doorbell went out when power was out due to a storm.  Have not worked since. I tried to set it up as a new device and I get a No doorbell found message?? what can I do or is there an issue with the doorbell. A friend has the same issue. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact support. Within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the issue. 

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation