Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Video Doorbell Compatibility

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
azfrank
Aspirant
Aspirant

My current doorbell is an intercom where I ring the doorbell and it goes to an intercom in the house. It is an AIphone.  Can I use the Arlo Video Doorbell with this type of chime.  It has the a transformer feeding that meets the power requirements of the Video Doorbell.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

azfrank,

As long as your transformer meets the power requirements, you should be good to go to install the Arlo Video Doorbell using that transformer. The Arlo Video Doorbell is not designed to work with any intercom systems, so your Alphone intercom would not be compatible. The Arlo Video Doorbell is designed to work with the Arlo Mobile app. For more information on the how to set up the Arlo Video Doorbell, take a look here: How do I install my Arlo Video Doorbell?

JamesC

KTB12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Where would you install the the power kit if there is no chime box with AIPHONE system? 

azfrank
Aspirant
Aspirant

That is a great question.  I could not figure it out and gave up.  What is the actual purpose of the power kit? What is it really doing?

KTB12
Aspirant
Aspirant

I spoke with Support and they said you have to use the power kit to assure that the Video Doorbell is getting the right amount of power to the device. Since the AIPHONE does not have a chime box, I have to hire an electrician to fork the power from the intercom and also find an AC power source for the power kit. I don't need the Chime because I will use my Alexa to announce that the doorbell has been pushed.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation