Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Knowles24
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo wired doorbell camera and I switched providers and went to reset my camera. When it find the device I get that error code and then it won’t find the device.

61 REPLIES 61
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@BAgrcp 

Does the same occur over the web portal when trying to onboard?

BAgrcp
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is no onboarding option on the web portal. There is no button in my account to these cameras via the web portal. Otherwise I'd have been doing it to avoid the shenanigans with tiny QR codes on my phone.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I believe there should be an option on the web portal under devices, then select add device, there is still a QR code, but it's much larger.

Maja310
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have exactly the same issue, also been trying it for days… and exactly same results error 1.. 

did you solved the problem?? Or you still there ..

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Maja310 May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? 

Bmowksi
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Maja310 I have not gotten it to connect.  I still get the same error.  If you get it work please let me know what worked for you. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Bmowksi 

I see a doorbell onboarded successfully, is this the device you're referencing? 

Dav033
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem with all m’y cameras. They all disconnected and now i get this error 1 whenever i try to reconnect. Has anyone got a solution ?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Dav033 

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

Cippi65
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ho lo stesso problema. Connessione 2.4 vede la videocamera ma arrivati ad impostare nome ricevo errore.

IMG_2818.png

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Cippi65 

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Along1052
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have this issue and the network password contains special characters. Is that an issue?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Along1052 

Can you test by removing any special characters and spaces from the wifi name and password?

Along1052
Aspirant
Aspirant

We would prefer not to since we’d have to reconnect every device in the house just because this one device is being difficult. If you tell me it is the only work around then we will.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Along1052 You can try for testing purposes then change the credentials back to the previous SSID and/or Password. 

Raeven37
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m also having this issue with an Arlo Go 2 camera I’m trying to set up on Wi-Fi without the cellular component. My Wi-Fi password has no special characters.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Raeven37 

Are you installing with a 2.4Ghz band? 

Raeven37
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. I did do what others suggested and used the PC and I was able to get one added. This one may be for your app team. I use the Apple store app.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Raeven37 

Do you have a firewall that might be blocking Arlo?

Raeven37
Aspirant
Aspirant

If that were the case I wouldn't have been able to add a camera through the PC...

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to the Profile icon > Support Center > Select device > contact

Pamsjeff65
Aspirant
Aspirant

IMG_7083.png

 help 

Mehdiua
Aspirant
Aspirant

I get the following error after assigning a name to the device, just one step before activating the device. (many times after factory reset the device)

"Error occurred

The operation couldn't be completed and i can not claim it.

(ArloNetworking. ServerResponseError error 1.)"

i also tried to onboard it via “my.arlo.com” on a computer browser, but at the same step after i have given a name… it just logged out and the page jumps to “Sign in” page.

Also important to know:

“i do not use Mesh on my wifi”

“tried with 2.4 and 5G wifi”

“changed SSID and pasword”

“ i do not use any specific characters on my wifi password “

“ i already have two more same Arlo Q on my account”

“tested on another Arlo account“

IMG_0311 2.PNG

Thanks in advance

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't have a Q, but if here is a way to just continue (not setting the name), then try that.  You should be able to go back and change it later (if it works of course).

Kremmen
Guide
Guide

Have you had this working before ?

The reason I ask is that I had a new router to setup and the SSID and password were different.

ArloQ didn't like it and the only way to get it working was to reconnect the old router so Arlo saw it again. Then use the 'Remove Device' so it was correctly disconnected/uninstalled all the way down the line.

Once done it reconnected to the new router as a new device without issue.

I know changing the SSID and password is one option but this was for a friend who insists on using the ISP router in default mode.