Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

thal_gr
Initiate
Initiate

When I try to add new iPhone as trusted device, I keep getting "Oops! An error occurred."

I have the two step verification and have SMS as the primary step. I’ve tried several times to add my new iPhone as trusted device and I keep getting the same error message…. I’ve uninstalled the app and reinstalled without success.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The Arlo development team is continuing to investigate these reports. We appreciate your patience while we work to isolate and resolve this issue. I will provide more information as soon as it becomes available.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

I've escalated this topic, we're currently reviewing reports of this issue and will provide an update once we know more.

JamesC

• StephenB
    Guru
    Guru

Lots of folks having this issue at the moment. The work-around is simple - choose "don't trust" for now.

205 REPLIES 205
Mp521
Initiate
Initiate

AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL app.   Been an issue for many months.   Cannot log into the app.    Add Trusted Device?   Yes.    Nevermind just kidding we're not gonna let you into your own app even after you've logged in and confirmed the code we just sent to your phone.   Just so mind numbingly awful.   End of life cameras gives me yet another reason to switch altogether from Arlo.   Outta here!!!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Some users have reported success by simply uninstalling and reinstalling the Arlo Secure mobile app. For others, following the steps here resolved the issue: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/Add-trusted-device-on-new-iPhone-Issue-Resolved-Workaround/m-p/18...

JamesC

Kmhask
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still not solved!  What do we do? Toss the system?

MMOH1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I continue to get the error message when I try to have my iPhone added as a trusted device. I see in the message threads this issue is supposedly resolved but I continue to receive the error message. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kmhask, MMOH1

Try this:

Some users have reported success by simply uninstalling and reinstalling the Arlo Secure mobile app. For others, following the steps here resolved the issue: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/Add-trusted-device-on-new-iPhone-Issue-Resolved-Workaround/m-p/18...

JamesC

ElzerD
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am trying to add my new IPhone 13 as a trusted device and I receive "There was a problem trusting this device"  It was working before and just made me sign in this morning and re connect my phone.  Now it says the above.  I have tried resetting the phone, different wifi networks and just using cell service but no luck.  I am receiving alerts but I can't see them.

CJ9497
Aspirant
Aspirant

This issue is so frustrating. I went through all of the steps listed below and it STILL gives me the not "not able to verify" message. I'm trying to add my iphone 14 pro. 

dpalmer471
Aspirant
Aspirant

Perfect. Thx!

Nabys
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have this issue still. It started when I got a new phone, and I can’t get it to trust my new phone.

Anything I can try? 

Dcharosky
Aspirant
Aspirant

What worked for me in the end was:

- first i had to delete the old device from the list of trusted devices. I did this by logging on to my account on the Arlo web page.

- then i had to delete the Arlo app on my new phone

- finally installed the Arlo app from scratch on my new phone and i asked me to add the device as trusted device but this time it worked.

Just dont forget to delete the old device from the list first.

good luck!

Pdeyeguy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have tried multiple times, and still won't trust my new iPhone.  Deleted the old trusted device, exited the software, logged back in and no success.  Renamed my phone--also didn't work.  Suggestions??

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@Pdeyeguy ,

you mentioned that you exited the software, did this include deleting the app from the new phone?

Blahblahblahhhh
Aspirant
Aspirant

It’s now unresolved. Is there a way to use one account on all phones?  Seems there is no way to share devices. 

NelsonLake
Aspirant
Aspirant

My new iPhone is continually rejected as a trusted device, even with various forms of two step authentication. Repeatedly assays Try again later. I have tried at various time. Still doesn’t work. 

ElizabethSu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not resolved. Still cannot add my new iphone as a trusted device.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There is an update that should help with this issue. Please try updating your devices to the latest version of the Arlo Secure iOS app v4.3

Note: If you do not see the update you can try removing and re-installing the app.

ElizabethSu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update 4.3 already installed Mar 21 2023

1pfielding
Aspirant
Aspirant

Won't let me login on new Iphone 14 app.

curtis072
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am havibg identical issue with new Iphone 14 and nothing works.

if I can’t resolve I will throw Arlo in the trash, and not by anything Arlo in the furure.

curtis072
Aspirant
Aspirant

LETS GET THIS FIXED ARLO….. LOTS OF NEW PHONES BEING PURCHASED BY LOYAL ARLO CUSTOMERS WHO WILL THROW YOUR PRODUCTS IN THE TRASH.

efecci
Aspirant
Aspirant

there is no location to "goto 2fa settings". this was a useless answer

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@efecci wrote:

there is no location to "goto 2fa settings". this was a useless answer

No idea which of the previous 170 posts you were quoting.

As you say, 2fa doesn't show up in the menus.  But you will find two-step verification if you look.  

It's in the account profile.

Gunder123
Initiate
Initiate

I'm also having the same issue.  Every time I hit "trust" I get an error message.  So I said don't trust and it gave me access to my cameras......

bdchxbch
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had to go into iphone settings for arlo and change location service to "when using app."