Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

AVD1001B

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Alcat26
Follower
Follower

Installed an Essential wired video doorbell AVD1001B.  Everything works except my original chime. I connected power kit ,one lead to transformer one lead to front terminal and switch set to O .  My doorbell doesn't ring when button is pushed, my app works it calls my phone all good there just no chime inside house.  I removed door bell installed old school door bell, chimes work. I have 16 volts at the doorbell wiring. I've tried to change settings to mechanical, digital and none, still doesn't work. I've tried switching to X ,still no chimes.   I feel the power kit is defective.  Any suggestions? Spent hours on this problem Not happy with Arlo a lot of what i read seem contradictory.  Any help would be appreciated.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The switch should definitely be set to "O".

You could try briefly disconnecting the power kit, and see if the chime rings when the doorbell is pressed or not.  The chime might buzz, or spontaneously ring - but still it could give some useful information.

Also, some chimes include their own built-in power klt - their install manual says not to install external power kits for video doorbells.  What manufacturer/model chime do you have?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The switch should definitely be set to "O".

You could try briefly disconnecting the power kit, and see if the chime rings when the doorbell is pressed or not.  The chime might buzz, or spontaneously ring - but still it could give some useful information.

Also, some chimes include their own built-in power klt - their install manual says not to install external power kits for video doorbells.  What manufacturer/model chime do you have?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation