Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

AVD 1001-100NAS Arlo Essential Video Doorbell Siren Issue

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Thorn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Essential Video Doorbell that Is wired to my normal doorbell chime. The siren is turned off in the app, and there is no mode, routine, or camera setting in the app that is set to trigger the siren, but it keeps going off spontaneously. I can turn it off in the app, but it takes the app about 10 seconds to recognize the siren has gone off in the first place. Is there anything else I can do to disable this siren without disabling my doorbell completely? 

2 REPLIES 2
BookerE1
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ThornDogNeedsBest wrote:

I have an Arlo Essential Video Doorbell that Is wired to my normal doorbell chime. The siren is turned off in the app, and there is no mode, routine, or camera setting in the app that is set to trigger the siren, but it keeps going off spontaneously. I can turn it off in the app, but it takes the app about 10 seconds to recognize the siren has gone off in the first place. Is there anything else I can do to disable this siren without disabling my doorbell completely? 

Hello, @Thorn 

I found, here are some possible solutions that you can try:

1. Check the rule for the doorbell in the mode(s) and make sure that Activate Siren is not selected.

2. Reboot your phone and reinstall the app. The option to disable the siren feature should be there with the latest app.

3. Reset your doorbell by pressing and holding the reset button for 10 seconds until the LED flashes amber. Then follow the instructions in the app to set up your doorbell again.

I hope these steps help you fix the siren problem.

Best Regard,
BookerE1

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Step 3 also requires that you remove the doorbell from your account before setting it back up. Otherwise, the account thinks it's already connected so won't connect again.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation