Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wireless doorbell with chimes, customer bought 2 doorbells and and Ultra 2 four pack with hub.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
fengshuikb
Aspirant
Aspirant

O.K. guys this is what is going on,  I install Arlo cameras for people that bought them.  One customer bought 2 doorbell cameras with chimes and an Ultra 4 pack with hub.  So one doorbell was installed without a problem, all the steps went smoothly, except it takes awhile for your cell phone camera to read the tiny little QR code on the back of the doorbell.  Also the Ultra 2 camera installation went smoothly also.  Now the problem is the second doorbell camera.  Start the installation, the phone reads the small QR code on the back, takes a while, follow the steps,  the doorbell camera reads the QR code on the phone screen, hear the chime, green circle appears trying to find the doorbell, then these 2 things happen, the white circle on the doorbell keeps blinking for awhile then shuts down or it blinks and after a few seconds then blinks amber for about 5 times and then shuts down.  I have tried a factory reset several times and that has not solved the problem.  I think the doorbell camera is bad cause the first one works fine.  Also tried attaching it to the hub and same problem.  Tired to get an answer from Arlo and their server is down.

Thanks for any help,

Feng Shui   

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@fengshuikb wrote:

Thanks for any help,

Unfortunately there is more friction in onboarding than there should be, and in many cases we never really know what the problem was.

If you can disable 5 ghz wifi on the customer's router during onboarding, that might help.  One scenario that can be difficult is when the phone is connected to 5 ghz wifi, but the camera/doorbell is connected to 2.4.

Also, if the customer uses a VPN (particularly one implemented in their router), you should turn off that feature before trying to onboard.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation