Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wireless Essential Video Doorbell not responding at all

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
GoldKey
Aspirant
Aspirant

Model is AVD2001:

The device was working but went offline around a month ago. I've tried charging the battery, the light comes on orange and then goes green in about 15 minutes. If i disconnect and reconnect the battery charger it goes to orange light again for about 15 minutes, and then changes to green. So I cannot tell if it's charging correctly.

When I put the battery back into the doorbell it does not respond at all. I press the doorbell button, no lights or anything. I have tried pressing the reset button on the back for 15 seconds, and I do not get the flashing white light to say it's reset.

The app does not detect the device.

All of my other cameras are functioning fine.

3 REPLIES 3
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Try to leave the battery on the charger for a full 24 hours and see if that changes the behavior you are seeing. Do you have another charger you can try as well?

GoldKey
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've the battery on charge for several days. The light just remains green. I have also used 2 different usb cables as well as multiple usb chargers and even tried charging off my computer.

Every time the light goes red for a few minutes, then it just goes to green and stays solid green.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact support. Within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the issue.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation