Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wireless Doorbell Camera

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DrPrick
Follower
Follower

Just bought the wireless doorbell camera. NOWHERE does it say either on the website or in the product material that comes with the camera that it requires an upgrade to the older base stations (which work perfectly for my existing cameras). I opened the package, got everything ready to install, charged the battery and went through all the set up steps on my phone. Only when everything was ready to link up the doorbell with the station, did the phone alert me that my base station needed to be upgraded. Complete bait and switch. As a matter of fact, while looking at cameras on this site, it doesn't say what the differences are in the different priced cameras and doesn't say anything about even needing a base station!

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hardly bait and switch - old hardware frequently doesn't support new software/hardware (my W10 laptop can't be upgraded to W11). This has been published for some time now:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/Arlo-SmartHub-and-Base-Station-Compatibility

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DrPrick wrote:

Just bought the wireless doorbell camera. NOWHERE does it say either on the website or in the product material that comes with the camera that it requires an upgrade to the older base stations 

FWIW, you don't need to connect the wireless doorbell through your legacy base.  You can connect it directly to your home wifi instead.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation